For more than 30 years, the YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth has successfully worked with unemployed individuals in community-based settings in the areas of employment, personal and community enrichment. Many of the models for working with youth with barriers have also been developed all or in part by YMCA staff.
Presently, across Canada, the YMCA operates nearly 700 employment initiatives. All individuals are served with a holistic approach in all of our programs and this philosophy is most clear in our mission statement.
YMCA Employment centre (Halifax & Dartmouth locations) is one of such centres across Canada providing employment services to encourage successful job searching and career advancement.
YMCA MISSION STATEMENT
The YMCA is a charity dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body and to their sense of responsibility to each other and the global community
The YMCA Core Values are key to fulfilling our mission:
- Caring – Compassion Towards others.
- Respect – Respect for our volunteers, staff, partnerships, participants and supporters.
- Responsibility – Responding to society’s need in a socially proactive manner.
- Honesty – Integrity and fairness at all times.
- Health – A commitment to the well being of individuals, families and communities.
- Citizenship – Building a community for all people to grow in spirit, mind and body.